Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Need to post a message to New Members

I think when new members join, they post as much as possible (usually their own projects) and then quit.

I'm a bit tired of getting notifications to my posts where the reply is:

"thanks alot, very useful"

- I think new members should be warned that replies like this aren't acceptable nor is full-on self promotion of their own projects...
    Hidden Content - Get more exposure to your Crowdfunding Project

Hidden Content - We Declutter the Net and Showcase the Ultimate Gifts

Yes, we are finding too many posts with short, few-word comments. These are of little value and don't really contribute to the discussions.

Could there be something about it? It's only a minor annoyance at the moment as I've only done a handful of posts, but to see an email in my box from this forum, only to see "great" or "I agree" sucks really.

I think you should switch on something for those with 10 posts are less that they need to make at least a paragraph (longish) of text and agreeing with someone in a 2 or 3 word sentence isn't enough.

- Perhaps hide their posts until they reach x10 posts?

Quote Originally Posted by smartinvestor View Post
    Yes, we are finding too many posts with short, few-word comments. These are of little value and don't really contribute to the discussions.

I think the purpose of this forum is to promote good project, what's the difference if someone posted 3 short comments just to publish his awesome project? I mean, isn't it why this forum is all about??

Just thinking out loud here.

I am a new member so in order to have more than 10 post or 20 I don't only say "Great idea" or "wow" or something like that, I try to find posts where I can really have something to say, so if there will be a rule regarding minimum requirement for new members will help others to check what they are really interested in and clear the inbox.
    This is my opinion.

Because it's obvious when people are trying to boost their post total... The board actually wants people to post content with real meaning, otherwise there wouldn't be so many restrictions.

Also if you're a regular poster to the site (example mine is 99 posts and yours is 5 right now) then you'll get constantly notified by this forum of a new post...only for it to say "thanks alot"...;/

Quote Originally Posted by Asaf Kopla View Post
    I think the purpose of this forum is to promote good project, what's the difference if someone posted 3 short comments just to publish his awesome project? I mean, isn't it why this forum is all about??

Just thinking out loud here.

I am a new member should have more than 10 items or more. I do not just say "great idea" or "wow" or something like that, I try to find the article that I really could have something to say, so if there will be a rule concerning minimum requirements for the new members will help other people to check out what they are really interested and clear the inbox.

Hey guys!

I am new here. I am surprised that there is no section to make introductions, not about the projects, about the people. Perhaps it makes the things colder. Anyway, I am glad to have found this useful forum.
    By the way, my name is Alex and come from Spain. My team and I are at prelaunching stage and we are very excited to make a step forward into the entrepreneurship and crowdfunding world.

Cheers and have a nice day!

Hi Alex, welcome to our forum to you and our recent members. Glad to have you with us.

Thank you smartinvestor! This forum has been a great discoverment for me.