Lightbulb Best crowdfunding platform for UK based projects

Hi all,

I am new to crowdfunding but love the concept. I will soon be launching a new dancing party game on a crowdfunding platform but I am unsure which one to use. I am based in the UK and although I was going to use Kickstarter it seems that not too many people from the UK are getting fully funded in the games category which worries me slightly.

Any suggestions on a good crowdfunding platform with a high success rate for us Brits?

@Rio121

Try this one: http://www.crowdfunder.co.uk/

It's been around for a long time and has great support in the UK. The owners (Darryn & Lance) also own the equity crowdfunding platform www.crowdcube.com

Best of luck!
    Shane Liddell
    CEO
    Smart Crowdfunding LLC
    Hidden Content

Awesome thanks Shane! Really appreciate your advice.

I know this is a bit out of date, but we looked into both Seedrs and Crowdcube. The feedback we received about Crowdcube was that it can be a bit of a wild west, with trolls and time wasters abounding. For this reason we elected for Seedrs, and haven't had a single problem. A very professional operation and we've been well supported throughout

Crowdcube is an award-winning, leading investment crowdfunding platform, and one of the longest-established UK sites providing a variety of firms, it will be good for you.

Why not just use Kickstarter? They have many UK users

I guess it depends what you are raising funds for. If it is for something you produce and it is effectively presales then one of the sites in the previous answer should suit. If you actually want to gain investors for your own entity then you need to look ar a crowdfunding platform that facilitates equity investment like www.crowdcube.com

You should have a look over a few of the sites and see what you are looking for. www.PleaseFund.Us has got a couple of larger projects funded, www.sponsume.com allow you to keep whatever you raise and www.wefund.com have got lots of projects funded as well.

Make sure that the website you choose allows you to update your backers, embed the api etc. so that you can really get the most out of your crowdfunding campaign. Hope this helps!

I recommend this http://www.crowdfunder.co.uk/ I have tested them and it can be trusted. I can only tell you what I have experienced.