Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    My story was practically ignored during my failed campaign. A story is not enough. You need to get people to read the story or watch your video. My next campaign will either be entitled, "What really happened on the set of Star Wars," or "Lindsay Lohan's Coke-Fueled Shopping Spree". The title has to draw the viewers in somehow.

This sounds like its being twisted into a false dichotomy by some (facts vs story), while you definitely need a mixture of the two. You need a compelling story to pull folks in, but if they can't find the facts in that message somewhere, they'll wonder off without even knowing what you wanted them to back.

Agree, i think ours is a bit long winded and potentially boring to look at. do people want a face of texts? i think i puts them off
    SideRoot Sweden | Wood & Acetate Eyewear

Communicating your idea through a story is definitely a way to go.

I think you should have a video of the creator sitting talking about creating the product or whatever it is they're kickstarting. And telling the story of how they got to where they are now.

Great article ! Stories are an essential selling tool that will help get your backers not only financially but also emotionally invested in your success.
    Change the way your brand communicates // Startl.us: Montreal-based crowdfunding agency
    Follow us on Facebook for the latest news, advice and offers concerning crowdfunding:
    Hidden Content
    Visit us at Hidden Content

Interesting article, can, for example, developer's personal story help in a videogame project?
    Space Mates

A unique platform game. Control two characters and don't disconnect their spheres! Collect coins and keys, gain gems and buy power-ups!

great info to take into account.
    although its not that simple to just sit down and write, it takes a lot of work to find the proper point of view to express it

Hey do you think this profile is good? https://www.kickstarter.com/projects...onductors-rm-0

All relationship is based on shared experience (preferably positive and pleasurable). Give people the feels and they will remember you and be motivated to help you. Maya Angelou said (paraphrasing) they won't remember what you say, but they'll always remember how you make them feel.