Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    I also tried to tell a story about the development and people involved creating a patent pending product.

My campaign is now live on Kickstarter http://kck.st/1UDCsKk

As a marketing copywriter I am often asked to write a "story" about this or that product feature. It's difficult. As a novelist, I recoil from calling *most* advertising storytelling. "Customer journey" is more accurate. Crowdfunding stories often fall somewhere in the middle. Usually, they are telling something that a novelist would consider their kind of story...but then there's also the advertising story mixed in by necessity. It's a challenge but can be done super well!
    Just trying to change the eyewear industry with the very best shades we can make! Hidden Content
    We are LIVE on Kickstarter now! Hidden Content

Great advice! I definitely agree that you should introduce yourself when doing your crowdfunding campaign as people would like to know who you are and why you are doing your campaign. It's also wise to let them know what any funds earned will go towards.

I agree. The number one key to story telling is ALWAYS try to relate to the audience, or create something personable. If you can't make that connection with the audience,. it's hard for them to click or scroll down to read anything.

A story can be attractive or boring. I am not sure what kind of effect it may cause to a campaign if you are not familiar with writing stories.

I think there is more to storytelling than it seems especially on crowdfunding platforms. Its about creating a hook to capture the audience attention, then its about emphatizing with the users to connect with them, to make them feel like they need it. And lastly, its about creating credibility for yourself, to ensure people can trust you.

After reading this, I think I'm going to completely change the direction of my campaign. I think I've highlighted way too much about the product and the quality features, rather than the story.

Thanks for the article!

i'd like to post the whole story behind the crowdfunding but i'm afraid it will get too long for people to actually read...

Stories are powerful because they create emotion and emotion helps people connect remember and take action

I read the article and I have done the things that are listed and I have not had any luck whatsoever. I consider myself lucky that people have actually shared my campaign but that is as far as I have gotten. I do not know what to do anymore I follow people's tips and tricks and they do not seem to work for me