Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Smart crowdfunding - phazon earbuds campaign on indiegogo

Hi to you all and happy holidays!

I just want to take this opportunity to stress the importance of pre-launch activity when crowdfunding. The PHAZON Earbuds campaign raised almost $100k on the very first day. Why? Because they were fully prepared and had spent many, many months preparing their campaign marketing plan.

My advice - never be in a hurry to launch a campaign. If you are then failure is almost guaranteed. Too many people who approach us are in such a hurry to get going even though they are nowhere near prepared. In fact, we had a client recently who (against our advice) launched without any pre-launch at all. Not surprisingly, it was a complete failure.

An appealing product/project is a must but there are 2 other important elements in play - either you have a large marketing budget and then can dramatically shorten the pre-launch phase OR if you don't have budget then you need to invest time. In some cases up to 2 years building and engaging with your potential backers.

Happy New Year and I wish only the best of things to you for 2016
    Last edited by Shane Liddell; 12-29-2015 at 10:32 AM.
    Shane Liddell
    CEO
    Smart Crowdfunding LLC
    Hidden Content

Thanks for the advice, it would have helped alot before our launch. Any chance you can give some feedback on my project https://www.kickstarter.com/projects...9417/jobin-app

Thanks!

This post has been moved to the CrowdFunding Project Manager Tips, Advice, Strategies, etc section.

Thanks for sharing

Thanks for sharing sounds better than starting out without a plan

2 million dollars! Not that's what I called a successful campaign.

Kudos to them!

As the crowdfunding market is going mainstream with around 1,000 campaigns launching per week across Indiegogo & Kickstarter, it is imperative that you heed the advice given above. It is now fiercely competitive with everyone vying for the attention of media and all other promotional eyeballs. Development of a highly targeted database of emails is more critical than ever. No shortcuts allowed.

Happy Crowdfunding!
    Shane Liddell
    CEO
    Smart Crowdfunding LLC
    Hidden Content

Great example of what a campaign should look like. Did you have a large network before launching the campaign? Did you have an email list created pre-launch, if so, how many people were on that list?
    Kyle Tummonds - Customer Advocate
    Hidden Content
    Thrinacia Inc.
    The CrowdFunding Infrastructure. Build, customize and operate CrowdFunding Websites, Widgets and Applications. Integrate with advanced CrowdFunding REST API's.

wow nice one. looks like a cool product.