Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Tips: Promote an Crowdfunding Campaign

Act smart and save your money, Follow the following steps:

• Do planning - A proper planning will save your money.
    • Write a story - You know, what are the reasons to start your campaign, and only you can write a story, why you starting this campaign.
    • Get a Pitch Video: You have to get a pitch video for your campaign, Try Animoto or hire a professional for the explainer video.
    • Write an awesome Pitch Text: You can save money if you try some professionals from Fiverr.
    • Include visuals & Graphics: Buy it from online marketplaces directly and also you will need some custom designed graphics.
    • Build Email List & do email marketing: Contact friends, family, import contacts from facebook, twittter, buy a list of backers online and use mailchimp and start with free subscription.
    • Contact crowdfunding Influencers / Bloggers / Writers and Journalists who write about your topics: DIY only, include a self written email, send it from your business domain email.
    • Submit Guest Post: Write some posts about your campaign and ask for guest posting.
    • Start Social Marketing: Start SMM, even when your are planning to launch your campaign, post short contents and include the graphics in most of the status.
    • Join online communities / forums: There are forums and online communities where crowdfunding people are active on everyday basis. Post some details and ask for suggestions. Discuss with like minded people.
    • Put some money on Online Advertising: Twitter and facebook based advertisement will help you.

If you want to promote your crowdfunding campaign, you must include yourself and your team, start contacting your followers, friends and family.

In addition, Visit CrowdNuke, the online community where you can post your pitch videos, write articles / notes about your crowdfunding campaign and discuss the campaign with like minded people.

Hope, It helps!
    Join CrowdNuke, The Hidden Content to meet like minded campaigners! | Visit The Hidden Content

Awesome Post!! We have been using Facebook Marketing because we seem to get the best bang for our buck but I've heard a lot of people say you can be very targeted with Twitter and I was wondering your thoughts on that

Hello there!
    Great community around here and helpful tips and advice!

Me and my team are preparing a kickstarter campaign and I'm the one responsible for the media coverage and finding the people to spread the world when our campaign will be launching. Can you guys give me some tips on how can I approach the bloggers or people in this area?

It would be very helpful for us! Thank you very much!

Thanks a lot for the tips

I didn't do a lot of them, maybe it's why my campaign doesn't work ahah

I was very poorly prepared for my own Kickstarter as I did it on the seat of my pants; thanks for sharing these. These tips are going into my notebook.
    Sunnyville Stories, an independent comics series about two teens, Rusty and Sam, in a small town! Read it today!

Targeting with Twitter seems to depend on the tool you're using. I looked into doing a followers campaign and that seemed pretty targeted, but a little pricey. You can target demographics, locations, interests, and behaviors, and you set a selection of Tweets that will be displayed. I'm curious how well that would work. The parameters I set up predicted success at around $2 per follower, but I never ended up running the campaign.

Twitter is working okay for us, but we are also stronger on Facebook. We're sooooo close to 1k followers now, but our conversion rate is pretty low. I think Facebook is stronger because there's a lot more connection between people because it's easy for people to suggest the page to their friends.

I ultimately ended up using Krowdster Twitter Marketing, Backer Directory, and Influencer Marketing which is not nearly as targeted as I'd like. The degree of targeting in Twitter Marketing depends on your keywords and you can't control demographics, location, or interests, it's purely keyword based. It's a form of follower churn, from what I understand, and as a result it ends up auto-following a lot of irrelevant accounts. Sure, it does acquire some legitimately interested real people, but your Twitter feed certainly dies in the process! It also means you have to limit manual following of people you're actually interested in so you don't hit Twitter limits. 5/10 recommend. Influencer Marketing was really limited and not targeted well at all, I do not recommend it unless you just want to digitally cold call people without targeting. 1/10. We're pretty much using it for widespread prospecting and giving up on the targeting. Backer Directory is pretty useful. I'm not convinced the automation works on that one, but it's a new feature. 7/10 recommend, depending on your needs. Start early with that one! We didn't do much with it before the campaign started and I think that's where it would have been more helpful. But we didn't find out about it until a few days before!
    Just trying to change the eyewear industry with the very best shades we can make! Hidden Content
    We are LIVE on Kickstarter now! Hidden Content

We're 3 days in and struggling, even though we've had great reception and press. I'm hoping we dodn't miss the boat... :-(

I guess this depends on what type of product you are trying to promote.

How do you expect to promote your campaing: sponsored posts or for free? Anyway, you should create a base of media resources that usually cover your product topic. Then contact them directly with a creative email.

influencer marketing should also be on the list. It is in terms of guest post, but thats still not the same thing. Especially when you are building your blog and have nothing starting at first. You reach out to an established blog and your goal is for them to post about your crowdfunding project/ platform onto their blog. Then you get more user acquisition, even though its not as easy at that per say.