10 Secrets of Highly Successful Crowdfunding Campaigns

As crowdfunding makes gains in popularity, the battle for page views and pledges has become increasingly competitive, especially on portal sites that feature thousands of live projects at once. If you’re depending on a Kickstarter feature to kickstart your campaign, then you could be in trouble.

So how do you ensure that you’ve optimized your campaign for success? We’ve taken a look at a number of recently funded projects in order to identify some of the techniques, strategies, and crowdfunding secrets that will give you the best chance of meeting your goals.

See More>>>>> http://ignitiondeck.com/id/10-crowdfunding-secrets/

I hope it helps for starter CF creator.

I saw this, but isn't this similar to the Kickstarter guide KS themselves provide? I didn't learn much from your secrets, just stating the obvious really.
    Hidden Content - Free diagnostic tool, run your Campaign url today

Cloudylight
    Yes rather post them in the thread, saves me clicking away
    Cloudylight founder - Coolest lamp on earth. Hidden Content

Here's what most well-funded campaigns have in common:

The creators of the campaign put in a chunk of their own money to kick off the funding. No one wants to break the goose egg, and why should they bother if the founders themselves haven't contributed?

There were pledges set to come in immediately after launch to make it look like the campaign had some serious traction. Set these up with your friends and family to come in during the first week with heavy emphasis on the first part of the week. People want to jump on board with raises that look like they're going to take off.

Press coverage was set up ahead of time. Most journalists and bloggers are tired of being pitched on every crowdfunding campaign that comes through - instead, pitch relevant journalists and bloggers on a story idea that is appealing across the board to your audience - not just a sales pitch for your startup. Set up a few pieces of coverage that set you up as a thought leader with a link either directly to your fundraise on the first mention of your name/company (preferable) or a link to your website -- where you'll have a prominent link to your fundraise (less preferable because of the breakage that occurs between 2 click throughs).

Ask for specific amounts to be pledged when you send out emails or call your network. Don't say, "Anything will help!" Instead, ask for something like $25. I don't know why, but the specific ask always does better.

Don't refer to pledges as donations. The semantics of "donation" turn people off.

Be active in your community before and during (and even after) your raise. Attend meet ups, network, connect people, be helpful to others - basically make a solid name for yourself and be helpful to others if you'd like them to give back to you in the form of a pledge.

Use social media to be social, not just to push your raise. That means you should post about industry news, interact with people, and post things that are unrelated to your raise - otherwise people think you're just trying to sell them, and that's not very social!

Hope this helps!