Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    The minifigs and board for the game look super well-made! I'll totally have to check this game out.

Quote Originally Posted by FateFoold View Post
    The minifigs and board for the game look super well-made! I'll totally have to check this game out.
    Shoot me your email and I'll add you to the updates!

Spellcasting!

Spellcasting in 12 Realms: Dungeonland is one of the many ways a Hero can face the challenges presented in the game. In order to be able to use magic a hero must be a spellcaster with access to the Spellcasting Tree, which is a unique skill tree only available to those types of heroes. Through the spellcasting tree they will quickly learn new spells each more powerful than the last, gaining abilities that will help them battle against the monsters threatening the 12 Realms or aid his allies in their efforts.

Casting a spell works very differently than a normal attack in 12 Realms: Dungeonland In an attack the player rolls the dice and every success scored is subtracted from the opponent’s health if not canceled by the target’s defense. When casting a spell the player uses the Glyph System by rolling a set number of dice as shown on the spell’s card and has to roll a certain type and number of symbols for the spell to be successful and it’s damage or effects to go off. For example, a spell could require that the player rolls a melee and ranged symbol in order to successfully cast the spell using 3 dice. After all modifiers and abilities, if the dice results contain at least the symbols required, the spell is successful. If successful a spell will either deal a fixed amount of damage or activate an effect. The targets of the spell are also determined by its card with 4 distinct target types: Target, Blast, Big Blast and Party. Each of these target types are what determines what characters can be targeted by the spell’s damage and/or effects.

Many of these powerful spells also have empowered versions where if a player’s roll results contain multiples of the symbols required for the attack the spell will become overpowered and get an added effect. For example, if when casting the spell mentioned on the previous example the player rolled 2 melee and 2 ranged symbols he could perhaps activate an overpowered version of that spell resulting in more damage perhaps.

In future expansions the Glyph System will be expanded even further with 6 types of spellcasters and different spells and Glyph Dice for each of them, making each spellcasting character unique and allowing cross selection of spells for added options and replayability. Also in future sets the spells different overpower effects will be able to generate different results when casting a spell giving even more options to players. With many skills and abilities at their disposal a true spellcaster can shape the magical energies ito their own benefit and vanquish all who oppose him.

Now, let’s take a look at some of the beautiful artwork for upcoming heroes and baddies!

(continued for image limit...)

Thank you friends
    I get a lot of information in this group
    keep good posting & excellent pict

I think I might back this when it launches.

Check out Temple WarsŪ: The World's First Fan-Funded Universe - Launching Monday 10/10/16
    https://www.kickstarter.com/projects...token=d2549ec0

Good topic, good image, excellent member..... good job

It seems a fantastic idea, wish you all the best in your projects.

i love the artwork for this, especially the little turtle guy!