Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Same boat, I imagine 90+ percent of 1st time kickstarter's biggest challenge is building that community. I don't think there is a easy button for it, just grind it out.

Thanks for sharing.

Yeah we did that right building a comunity since the beginning of the project itself.

Thank you for sharing

Hi Kyle - how are you being?
    We're preparing (prototypes, video clips etc) for launching INSTAGAMI (our interactive invention) in Indiegogo 'fixed' funding BUT cannot find where we are (Australia) people to assist us with campaign creation and management. Can you help?
    Cheers.
    Anthony Cross.

lesson learnt at least

Thanks for the tips!

Thank you for sharing. It's so wise to analyze our mistakes and correct your activities so fast.
    Nearly everyone with a product idea will know at least a few friends or colleagues who have an interest in buying it, otherwise the concept would not have come to mind in the first place. But how much deeper did you dig beyond that? Have you quizzed total strangers on your idea? Can you explain exactly how and why customers would want to use it? Does it solve a real pain point in their daily lives? What do they value?

We didn’t do enough of this homework. A lot of aspects of our campaign could have been greatly improved, such as the value proposition (emphasizing work/life balance instead of productivity) and our pricing strategy (communication around our premium app). But we didn’t spend enough time actually speaking with people.

My congrats! You've coped with all this

Your project looks great. To be honest, the style of art isn't for me but there's certainly a market for it and the talent is there.

What I've always struggled with is when clients adopt a "Field of Dreams" belief about their campaigns - if they build it, the funders will come. While every once in a while we'll see a campaign go extremely viral, even meeting a small goal usually take a lot of hard work and advertising. Another struggle is realizing that yes, you probably have to spend your own money to promote your campaign, whether through PPC Ads, Social Media ads and product listing archives.

I'm doing a kickstarter campaign for a film that I'm producing with and we had some dreams of overnight funding due to some known "names" being in the cast. Reality is we're 60% with 24 to go and most of that has come through PPC and Facebook ads. I'm cautiously optimistic we'll make it, but not ready to pop the champagne yet.

Best of luck!