Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    I think you missed one important thingm- crowdfunding is FUN and accessable to everyone (on both the creator and backer sides)

Crowdfunding benefits everyone involved. Individuals, organizations and startups have gained the ability to raise funds to work on new and interesting projects where there simply wasn't a common place in existence prior. This means that many more creative, innovative and charitable projects get introduce to the world everyday because of crowdfunding. Contributors often get rewards for their monetary contributions; however, for many projects I don't believe this is the primary benefit. Contributors often gain a certain connection to the projects they fund, both a connection to the individuals/organizations/companies they fund and to the projects that they back. Of course the crowdfunding platform owners benefit from crowdfunding. Crowdfunding platform companies often take a fee from the total amount raised of each crowdfunding campaign on their site. I work for a white label crowdfunding software company that provides clients with the ability to easily build and manage their own crowdfunding platforms. A lot of different crowdfunding websites have launched over the last few years because there are so many different opportunities to create more concentrated crowdfunding platforms.

A lot of people seem to think that crowdfunding will be the magical alternative to VC, like getting on Kickstarter and its siblings will suddenly fund their dream. In some cases, it does, but these platforms are littered with projects that launched and assumed the platform would take care of the rest.

At the end of the day, you need to have a marketing plan around how you expect to get people to give you their money, plain and simple. Really, it's no different than launching a website and expecting people to suddenly arrive at it. Even with a built-in fan base (and this means you're a step ahead already), you still have to drive those fans to open their wallets.

It would be an interesting case study to see a company launch itself as two separate companies, one that launches on a crowdfunding platform, and another that simply takes preorders on their own site. I realize this goes against the nature of crowdfunding, but if the question is about which is "more helpful," then I'm assuming your definition of success is getting capital to turn your product into a reality.

This is the best for me today

Good Job!

Good post.

Here's a list I made up for an article:

- Introduces the product to the world and the media.
    - Garners free publicity
    - Povides candid feedback, suggestions and comments
    - Vets the product - which features should be included, eliminated, modified
    - Launches the product with minimal risk & expense.
    - Attracts clients, associates, partners & investors
    - Generates leads
    - Collects authentic market data
    - Engages the crowdfunding audience
    - Adds credibility to a product launch
    - Generates authentic product reviews
    - Measures market acceptance and demand
    - Collects testimonials and endorsements
    - Builds brand awareness
    - Provides an international venue
    - Generates income

The best for me!
    It gives proof of concept.
    Showing investors and convincing yourself that your venture has received sufficient market validation at an early stage is hard. However, crowdfunding makes this possible.
    The first question that any angel or institutional investor will ask will often be along the lines of proof of concept, and a good way to gain some respect and credibility is be able to show them that your venture had a successful crowdfunding campaign.
    This shows trust and integrity towards a venture right off the bat, and will allow verification throughout the journey that one is on the right track.