Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Hybrid View

Many questions for promotion/communication in campains HELP

1. What promotion channels would you say are the most vital for successful CRF campain? Where is the best to communicate your idea the most? Virtual communities such as forums, peer-peer, Reddit? Or influencers in area such as bloggers, specialized websites (TechCrunch etc.), social media (FB,Twitter...), Google ads. I understand all those help, but I'm interested in platform which has the best impact on driving success to project.

2. Is CRF campain more successful because the product is great (it sells itself) or because of quality promotion? What makes ''great'' products fail and on the other hand some ''bad'' ones succeed? What if I'm doing promotion for someone else's idea and the idea is not something revolutionary? Should I just quit or could it be ''saved'' with good promotion practice? How would you explain similar products end up with different success? In what percentage you would say the success depends on let's say product 60% communication 30% luck 10%, or product 90%
    communication 10% etc.

3. How do you measure response, how do I know which channel brings me the most backers? And therefore measure where to invest in promotion. What measure is the most relevant for response on social media (likes, shares, followers, retweets, subscriptions…)

4. I've read many articles on this, but don't get many answers. They usually say make a good video, respond to backers, make buzz beofre the campain etc, but that is something I think should be common. Let's say I'm starting my own clothing line which I would sell online. We know there are a ton of companies doing just that, and my prouct isn't something extraordinary or different. Maybe only goodloking clothes differentiate me from competition. So, where do i communicate it? Just search fashion magazines and pitch? Or the idea is destined to fail in the beggining?

Many questions, I know, but I hope you understand what I'm asking. Thanks

1. If it is a new brand, I think getting influencers to do an article would be most effective.

2. I always hear people say, having a good idea is only half of the job, marketing is the other half of the job. A great product is useless if nobody knows about it. A half decent product will do better if the name is out there.

3. Google analytics

4. Similar to point 2. Whatever industry you're in, it will be important to establish your brand name. I have read case studies where an entrepreneur paid a celebrity a big chunk of money to promote her (generic item) product. And her investment paid off because the celebrity's huge followers did take notice of the unknown brand.

I keep hearing the advice about influencers but finding a good list has been elusive. When folks come up as a top bloggers there followers aren't big numbers. Any advice about where to find infludencers for parenting

Quote Originally Posted by kbroemotionres View Post
    I keep hearing the advice about influencers but finding a good list has been elusive. When folks come up as a top bloggers there followers aren't big numbers. Any advice about where to find infludencers for parenting
    I would suggest looking at previous successful campaigns that are in the same category as yours. Some of them would have included their list of 'Featured on' in their campaing description. That would be a good starting point.

Honestly, I think the people that will make the most difference are influencers/bloggers. The issue is you'll have to pay them money but they will most likely have the most relevant followers that will actually back your project (given you contact influencers in your market).

If you can get into a big website like techcrunch, that would be amazing, but I don't think it's easy. My suggestion and something I'm trying out as well, would be to get lots of smaller bloggers to write about you and then contact bigger magazines/publications telling them to check out your product. And cite all the people writing about you.

And plastic91 is absolutely right, marketing is the most important thing. There are so many projects that are successful, they aren't doing anything new, they are just getting their marketing and branding right. The problem is marketing is the hardest bit.

I wouldn't advise google ads, you'll end up spending a lot of money without getting much return. Facebook ads work for some, and not for others, so definitely worth experimenting for 1-2 weeks.

What do you mean by peer-peer, are you referring to friends and family?

Well, connecting with this top I wrote a post on finding crowdfunding influencers, hope it helps:
    http://www.hyperstarter.com/finding-influencers

It's more to do with how you pitch them too, it's pretty hard!
    Hidden Content - Free diagnostic tool, run your Campaign url today

The problem is marketing is the hardest bit
    But it's the cheapest. If you learn how to do it, and do it yourself. Marketing, and especially PR, is a full time career for many people, but once you learn the basics you can do a lot of it for free. 10 hours a week is a minimum.

Quote Originally Posted by domo View Post
    1. What promotion channels would you say are the most vital for successful CRF campain? Where is the best to communicate your idea the most? Virtual communities such as forums, peer-peer, Reddit? Or influencers in area such as bloggers, specialized websites (TechCrunch etc.), social media (FB,Twitter...), Google ads. I understand all those help, but I'm interested in platform which has the best impact on driving success to project.

2. Is CRF campain more successful because the product is great (it sells itself) or because of quality promotion? What makes ''great'' products fail and on the other hand some ''bad'' ones succeed? What if I'm doing promotion for someone else's idea and the idea is not something revolutionary? Should I just quit or could it be ''saved'' with good promotion practice? How would you explain similar products end up with different success? In what percentage you would say the success depends on let's say product 60% communication 30% luck 10%, or product 90%
    communication 10% etc.

3. How do you measure response, how do I know which channel brings me the most backers? And therefore measure where to invest in promotion. What measure is the most relevant for response on social media (likes, shares, followers, retweets, subscriptions…)

4. I've read many articles on this, but don't get many answers. They usually say make a good video, respond to backers, make buzz beofre the campain etc, but that is something I think should be common. Let's say I'm starting my own clothing line which I would sell online. We know there are a ton of companies doing just that, and my prouct isn't something extraordinary or different. Maybe only goodloking clothes differentiate me from competition. So, where do i communicate it? Just search fashion magazines and pitch? Or the idea is destined to fail in the beggining?

Many questions, I know, but I hope you understand what I'm asking. Thanks
    What do you mean by "CRF" campaign?

Quote Originally Posted by The Boys View Post
    What do you mean by "CRF" campaign?
    Probably Crowd Raised Funding

If you can get into a big website like techcrunch, that would be amazing, but I don't think it's easy. My suggestion and something I'm trying out as well, would be to get lots of smaller bloggers to write about you and then contact bigger magazines/publications telling them to check out your product. And cite all the people writing about you.
    Thanks,,, for All