Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Doing identical campains

If your successful KS is finished, can the same campaign be set up on IGG afterwards?

Hm, goo question. I believe it depends on how much the successful campaign was? Not sure though.

I think I read somewhere that if the thing was funded, that you could not do another campaign. You would need, at least, a slightly different thing.

"If your successful KS is finished, can the same campaign be set up on IGG afterwards?"

Absolutely. Reproducing the same campaign makes nothing but sense - you have a lot more idea what works and what doesn't. Why do it on IGG? Why not relaunch on KS?

I just read on their faq that if a second project is identical, with no iterations, it will be suspended.

It will be frozen. You can't. It has to be different. At least slightly.

Correct, they said that the next one needs to be at least a slight iteration.

Quote Originally Posted by SantaMonica View Post
    If your successful KS is finished, can the same campaign be set up on IGG afterwards?
    Why start from scratch.

If you run a successful campaign on Kickstarter you can then transfer it (and the amount funded) into Indiegogo's InDemand program. More on this here: https://support.indiegogo.com/hc/en-...6-InDemand-FAQ
    Shane Liddell
    CEO
    Smart Crowdfunding LLC
    Hidden Content

Thanks for the In Demand link. I think I read it already, but doing so again helps.

Yes, I know you can do In Demand after KS, but I was originally asking if a whole new campaign could be on IGG, using the template from KS. So in this case it would be KS --> IGG regular --> IGG In Demand.

I guess however that the question is moot, because KS said no, and the In Demand is the obvious route.

Make me wonder if a whole new campaign on IGG would produce more total results than In Demand would.

Yes, you can do a campaign on another platform after successfully completing your first. Why would you want to do another campaign though? If the costs are too high then you might want to look at reducing the overall costs and/or fundraising goals.