Help give my mom a wheelchair

My mom, Janet, is a 55-year-old single mother with sporadic Inclusion Body Myositis. It is a rare, progressive autoimmune and degenerative muscle disease with no known treatment or cure. The most affected muscles are in the legs, feet, arms, hands, and throat.

After several falls and injuries, it is clear that my mom needs a power wheelchair to get around her home. Unfortunately, her insurance is unwilling to cover the cost of this essential piece of medical equipment. So I've created a GoFundMe campaign to try and raise the $5,700 we need for a used power wheelchair with the features she needs: https://www.gofundme.com/help-give-my-mom-a-wheelchair

Despite her physical and economic disadvantages, my mom is still a kind, generous, and giving person, as anyone who has met her will tell you. She is a board member of Myositis Support and Understanding, an all-volunteer non-profit organization dedicated to providing resources to people with myositis and the medical professionals who treat them. Additionally, she volunteers as an online tutor for at-risk youth and an online crisis counselor.

I have never known a more kind, loving, or generous person than my mom. She has had a very difficult life, and even though I can't afford to buy her the chair I sincerely hope that I can help her raise enough money to get it through these crowdfunding efforts.

Please give, if you can, and share this campaign. Thank you for your time and generosity.

Wish your mom quick recovery.

I hope for your mom