Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: SafeTea Towel

Talking SafeTea Towel

I've just launched my Kickstarter project - the SafeTea Towel. Unlike traditional kitchen towels, if a flame comes in contact with a SafeTea Towel, the fabric will not provide fuel for the fire to sustain itself and spread. The fire resistant fabric results in charring, not burning and the fabric will self extinguish once the flame has been removed.
    Hoping you guys can check it out and let me know your feedback.

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects...-kitchen-towel

Super Moderator
    Hey good looking campaign. Interesting idea too. Do you have a description of where the funds will be going and why?

Also you may consider adding a few more rewards in a higher price range .

Quote Originally Posted by FireFriend View Post
    I've just launched my Kickstarter project - the SafeTea Towel. Unlike traditional kitchen towels, if a flame comes in contact with a SafeTea Towel, the fabric will not provide fuel for the fire to sustain itself and spread. The fire resistant fabric results in charring, not burning and the fabric will self extinguish once the flame has been removed.
    Hoping you guys can check it out and let me know your feedback.

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects...-kitchen-towel

Really cool and unique idea! It seems a little on the expensive side though.

Just to let you know you have a typo in your description ( piece of mind should be peace of mind).

Can the tea towel be used to handle hot items?

Great idea, I burn my towels all the time. Is the towel machine washable?

I do agree that it's on the expensive side but the idea is interesting. Surprised these towels don't exist yet.

Quote Originally Posted by SilverMoonBeam View Post
    Just to let you know you have a typo in your description ( piece of mind should be peace of mind).

Can the tea towel be used to handle hot items?
    Thanks for the typo pick up

Yes it can work to pick up hot items (e.g pots on the stove, trays from the oven). It has the same heat transfer properties as a normal kitchen towel and you would use it the same way.

Quote Originally Posted by occlywear View Post
    Great idea, I burn my towels all the time. Is the towel machine washable?
    Yes the fire resistance is guaranteed for the normal life of a kitchen towel. It has been tested with resistance up to 100 washes with no deterioration in the fire resistant properties.

Quote Originally Posted by ulnastorn View Post
    I do agree that it's on the expensive side but the idea is interesting. Surprised these towels don't exist yet.
    The pricing was hard for us to come up with. This is primarily down to the cost of using such high quality material which we didn't want to compromise the quality for. There were cheaper fabrics made in China but they didn't stand up to the testing process and had high levels of formaldehyde in them so we went for a USA produced fabric.

Great idea and awesome looking product! The media on your campaign is looking great. How did you find your photographer/videographer?