Question Donors taking back donations before project end, help!

Hi all,

We are running an Indiegogo campaign to help fund a film about the very inspirational (and hilarious!) musician Fergus O'Farrell - see it at https://www.indiegogo.com/projects/b...t-music-film#/

7 times now we have had people retract their donations. The donations were all for odd amounts (they were large, but never for a reward, and from people we haven't heard of) and we aren't sure if that is due to a currency conversion.

Altogether it accounts for 1700 gone out of our funded total which is pretty demoralising! It does seem to be that they are taken out following a large donation, almost as if the donor saw a large amount donated and thought we didn't need it (of course we do!)

No one involved in the campaign recognises the name, and the director has emailed each of them to find out why they retracted but he didn't get a reply from anyone.

Is this kind of thing usual? I wondered was it some way of scamming the site but I can't figure out how it could be.

All advice much appreciated!

Thanks,

Nicki

Sometimes people do this in the last moments of the campaign hoping to be counted as a backer regardless or to receive their product in case the campaigner sent them out in advance or something. There are still 17 days to your campaign though, not sure what might be the reason.

It's strange. You should look for reasons why you won't invest in your campaign and address it. Also, maybe someone (a rival competitor) is doing a good job against you.

I never really put much thought into backers "taking back" their pledge. Is this something that is pretty common?

Quote Originally Posted by AF_DDay View Post
    I never really put much thought into backers "taking back" their pledge. Is this something that is pretty common?
    I honestly never heard of it. My very first time.

it is really true, as mentioned