Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

What do i need first before i star a crowdfunding campaign?

What are the things that I must have before I am allowed to start a campaign.

Can an ordinary person starts a campaign? Are there any special requirement to start one?

Hi!

There is plenty of literature out there on this topic. You should first do some research and then ask some more spesific questions.

Deepali
    Quote Originally Posted by dbelov275 View Post
    What are the things that I must have before I am allowed to start a campaign.
    Setting up a Crowdfunding campaign can be overwhelming,which is why it is of utmost importance that you do a thorough research and dig out the most important strategies before you go live. Visit:
    https://www.slideshare.net/CrowdInve...unding-success

Good luck

Okay. Thanks. I'm going even more research on this topic already. I think I am not as ignorant as I was when I asked this question. Lol..

Here are the most essential things you must take care of before starting your campaign, summarized in a checklist https://www.krowdster.co/blog/crowdf...checklist.html

Quote Originally Posted by Vanessa View Post
    Here are the most essential things you must take care of before starting your campaign, summarized in a checklist https://www.krowdster.co/blog/crowdf...checklist.html
    I will check this out. Thanks.

You really only need 3 things:

a) Marketing
    b) Marketing
    c) Marketing

Quote Originally Posted by Tango View Post
    You really only need 3 things:

a) Marketing
    b) Marketing
    c) Marketing
    Could you please explain what you meant by this comment? thanks

Pretty much everything involved in a successful crowdfunding campaign needs to happen before you press "launch." Your success or failure is almost entirely dependent on pre-campaign preparation.

Here is a rough checklist.
    Get your personal/professional network built. These are the people that are going to back and promote your project, so make sure they remember who you are. Lots of personal interaction helps.
    Start doing media outreach. All those bloggers, journalists or reviewers? If you send them your project blind, they will add it to that mountain of blind submissions, never to be heard from again. If you can instead reference previous interaction or times you've helped them market, you have a foot in.
    Prepare your project. Create an excellent video, great media, top notch rewards, excellent copy. Bounce it off a lot of people to get feedback.
    Map out your campaign strategy and make a pre-launch checklist. Figure out who you are going to reach out to, and when. Prep your inner circle and let them know when you're going to need their networking support.
    Plan your updates, update schedule, flex rewards, and backup media campaign in case your planned media campaign goes south. Decide the length of your campaign based on this. Remember, longer is not better. A short, well run, energetic campaign has a much greater chance of success than a long but poorly executed one.
    Figure out your launch day event. I usually suggest an in - person event, but a virtual one works too. Whatever it is, it should be good. It should be designed to get a maximum number of donors right away (within the first hour.) Day 1 is the most important day of your campaign. If you aren't significantly funded by Day 1 and don't have a lot of traction, your chance of success plummets.

All that done? Good, you are ready to launch your campaign. Good luck!