Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

What books can I find about Crowdfunding?

Any recommendation of books about Crowdfunding? Thanks.

Not sure about traditional crowdfunding, but as regards to equity crowdfunding, I would recommend the following:

1) Equity Crowdfunding for Investors: A Guide to Risks, Returns, Regulations, Funding Portals, Due Diligence, and Deal Terms
    This one really helped me at first when I had no idea what equity crowdfunding was. It is mostly focused on situation on USA, describing Jobs Act etc., but lot of useful stuff still for the broad picture.

2) Equity Crowdfunding: The Complete Guide For Startups And Growing Companies
    This one is more for start-ups. If you plan to raise capital on equity crowdfunding platform, there are plenty of useful tips (most importantly, very practical - how to promote your campaign, how to show potential investors that your business case is convincing etc.).

Crowdfunding: The Next Big Thing
    This book describes 7 steps any business or entrepreneur in search of funding can use to find success via crowdfunding. Kickstarter and Indiegogo aren't the only ways to crowdfunding -- This book explores crowdfunding equity and debt, as well.

Thanks Guys. I will check the review of each book and pick the one suitable for me.

Quote Originally Posted by Solitare View Post
    Not sure about traditional crowdfunding, but as regards to equity crowdfunding, I would recommend the following:

1) Equity Crowdfunding for Investors: A Guide to Risks, Returns, Regulations, Funding Portals, Due Diligence, and Deal Terms
    This one really helped me at first when I had no idea what equity crowdfunding was. It is mostly focused on situation on USA, describing Jobs Act etc., but lot of useful stuff still for the broad picture.

2) Equity Crowdfunding: The Complete Guide For Startups And Growing Companies
    This one is more for start-ups. If you plan to raise capital on equity crowdfunding platform, there are plenty of useful tips (most importantly, very practical - how to promote your campaign, how to show potential investors that your business case is convincing etc.).
    I am actually an investor. I like the review of the first book. Isn't there an authors name? I want to get the book.

I recommend reading more relevant articles.The trend is moving with incredible speed and just written book may already be outdated for new ideas.

Quote Originally Posted by dbelov275 View Post
    I am actually an investor. I like the review of the first book. Isn't there an authors name? I want to get the book.
    Authors are David M. Freedman and Matthew R. Nutting.

Are you investing in USA? If needed, I can provide some guides for investing in European securities as well, as this is my core focus.

Quote Originally Posted by john williams View Post
    I recommend reading more relevant articles.The trend is moving with incredible speed and just written book may already be outdated for new ideas.

On every subject, there are always some fundamental principles that must be understood in order to move forward. And books on equity crowdfunding are definately very useful. Latest articles dont talk much on such concepts as diversification, this is something you must find in a book.

Quote Originally Posted by Solitare View Post
    Authors are David M. Freedman and Matthew R. Nutting.

Are you investing in USA? If needed, I can provide some guides for investing in European securities as well, as this is my core focus.
    I leave in Europe at the moment. Any kind of guide will be most appreciated.

In case you got some question / enquiries related to investing in European equity crowdfunding sites, let me know.