Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Quote Originally Posted by Cavender View Post
    It depends on what kind of business you are interested in.

Beside mainstream EC sites, they are some other sites that are designed for a specific field such as agriculture, medicine…

I would suggest you to RESEARCH first: try to find a field that you like the most, read some recent news about the industry; get to know some technology or ideas that are innovative and special. Then find a few crowdfunding sites that mainly funding business that you’re interested, compare and contrast different campaigns, then decide where to spend your money.

Last but not least, invest on more than one startup, it’s good for everyone.
    At the moment, I am looking to find investments related to telecommunications and information technology.

Quote Originally Posted by MonkeyHangUp View Post
    Great. But not my area of interest. Thanks anyway.

I highly recommend you learn who the team is behind the equity crowdfunding portal. That should give you a sense of what kind of issuer talent they are bringing to the portal. After you find some you are comfortable with sign up to their newsletters and wait for announcements of new issuers. When you see something you like take the time to review the issuers deal page, check out their filings, watch their video and ask questions. You should be able to ask the company a question on their deal page and then get an answer directly from the founder.

You should only take investment recommendations from people that know your entire investment profile. It's likely only you know it and therefore you will have the best ability to make an investment decision.

Full disclosure: I work at Republic an equity crowdfunding portal where everyone can invest.

With the continued growth of crowdfunding we are set to add equity crowdfunding options to our platform so we can offer a wider range of investment opportunities to investors. To do this we are inviting investors to join us and take a stake in the business.

You can see more details about our VIP investor event at https://www.eventbrite.co.uk/e/incro...ts-35651765390

Quote Originally Posted by adultXfunding View Post
    With the continued growth of crowdfunding we are set to add equity crowdfunding options to our platform so we can offer a wider range of investment opportunities to investors. To do this we are inviting investors to join us and take a stake in the business.

You can see more details about our VIP investor event at https://www.eventbrite.co.uk/e/incro...ts-35651765390
    Impressive. I'd recommend this site to investors willing to invest in something with potential growth.

Quote Originally Posted by Markallen View Post
    I highly recommend you learn who the team is behind the equity crowdfunding portal. That should give you a sense of what kind of issuer talent they are bringing to the portal. After you find some you are comfortable with sign up to their newsletters and wait for announcements of new issuers. When you see something you like take the time to review the issuers deal page, check out their filings, watch their video and ask questions. You should be able to ask the company a question on their deal page and then get an answer directly from the founder.

You should only take investment recommendations from people that know your entire investment profile. It's likely only you know it and therefore you will have the best ability to make an investment decision.

Full disclosure: I work at Republic an equity crowdfunding portal where everyone can invest.
    Thanks. I will sure look into it.