Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Who has brought equity in a crowdfunding platform?

In the recent years, a number of crowdfunding platforms have raised capital by offering equity in their platforms.

Have you purchased any of this stock, if so what was your main reason?

If you haven't yet, would buying equity in a crowdfunding platform be something you would be interested in?

Hi,

I have seen quite a few platforms trying to raise capital for themselves via their own site, however, have never invested.

I strongly believe that at this stage it is unclear how the sector will profit in the future. It is extremely cool for investors and startups, but the question is how platforms as intermidiaries will exist and what their business model will be.

Very interesting case is FundedByMe, which recently announced their equity round through their platform. They send private emails to investors and do not advertise the round at all, trying to understand if there is even any interest from investors.

I have free account on some crowdfunding websites but have no investment there and I would like to make some money without investment.

Quote Originally Posted by Nowny1961 View Post
    I have free account on some crowdfunding websites but have no investment there and I would like to make some money without investment.
    Sure, just ask the platforms to give you some free equity..

Buying equity in a crowdfunding platform i would say is an opportunity in a life's time for every potential investor. Secondary markets will be eventually the way to create liquidity and to provide an exit for investors that participate in equity crowdfunding offerings.

In addition, other liquidity events that could provide an exit to the early investor could be:

1) Round of financing

2) Acquisition

3) IPO

Great to hear your thoughts Markallen, we have to agree with you.

We are now offering this opportunity as we are set to grow our platform and add equity crowdfunding campaigns, this will make us a world's first in our sector. If there are investors who are interested in joining us then they can have a look at the VIP investor event we are holding in London on the 26th July. More details at https://www.eventbrite.co.uk/e/incro...ts-35651765390

Quote Originally Posted by adultXfunding View Post
    If you haven't yet, would buying equity in a crowdfunding platform be something you would be interested in?
    Absolutely!! So long as they promise monetary returns and has a high rate of potential growth.

Quote Originally Posted by dbelov275 View Post
    Absolutely!! So long as they promise monetary returns and has a high rate of potential growth.
    Drop us an email on jm@incrowdcap.com and we can get the information over regarding this offer.

Crowdfunding platform are pretty cool platforms for Investors and Startup,
    I have invest in some startup through crowdfunding platforms but what you should
    know is that ,A platform that favors mobile apps, CPG, or tech startups is more likely to see
    more deals in that respective industry.

Quote Originally Posted by MiguelHammond10 View Post
    Crowdfunding platform are pretty cool platforms for Investors and Startup,
    I have invest in some startup through crowdfunding platforms but what you should
    know is that ,A platform that favors mobile apps, CPG, or tech startups is more likely to see
    more deals in that respective industry.
    Yeah. Right