Cool Brand New London based crowdfunding site!

Hello!My name is becky and Im the founder of a new crowdfunding platform I have founded and launched recently called London Idea. I would love people to check it out and let me know what you think! www.londonidea.com Its a reward based platform for london based startups and ideas/projects with flexible funding. We also offer a mentorship and support service we are also on facebook, instagram and twitter @londonidea.

It's unusual for a platform to be based in one geographical area, but maybe it's a fresh approach which will attract startups and investors because it is local.

Quote Originally Posted by becky8944 View Post
    Hello!My name is becky and Im the founder of a new crowdfunding platform I have founded and launched recently called London Idea. I would love people to check it out and let me know what you think! www.londonidea.com Its a reward based platform for london based startups and ideas/projects with flexible funding. We also offer a mentorship and support service we are also on facebook, instagram and twitter @londonidea.
    Hi, Becky

When exactly did you launch? I see you have more than 100 projects funded which seems quite impressive if you launched just recently.

By the way, Startnext is a good example of developing donation/reward based platform based in one region exclusively (in this case France). If I rembember right, they got better success rates than Kickstarter (apprx. 65% of listed campaigns are successful vs 50% on Kickstarter).

Why just a London based? Not even the U.K based? I have not seen any platform run like that before.

Quote Originally Posted by dbelov275 View Post
    Why just a London based? Not even the U.K based? I have not seen any platform run like that before.
    I guess its a matter of finding your niche in a already relatively crowded industry. As far as I know, there is no shortage of crowdfunding platforms with focus on UK market, however, platform focusing exclusively on London might leave its mark.