Hear me out...is it possible to crowdfunding a decent down payment for a house

I am a 31 year old man with a disability. I have been on disability pension since I was 18. I have never been able to save up enough money to get a place of my own. My absolute dream would be to be able to get myself a small home (with a small mortgage).

I thought of the idea to start a funding campaign to hopefully raise the money for this. I have not started the campaign yet but was wondering if anyone here thought it would be possible to do.

I would however like to attempt to stay off my personal social media as it is a little embarrasing. Does anyone have and feedback tips or tricks as to where I could post to ensure the best chance of success?

Thanks

Interesting idea -- I think you might need some sort of angle other than simply getting people to pay for your house.

Quote Originally Posted by DanielHarris View Post
    Interesting idea -- I think you might need some sort of angle other than simply getting people to pay for your house.
    Well I was thinking about documenting the whole process on YouTube and other social medias to keep everyone in the loop but what do u mean by an angle? Do you know of some areas to share with lots of traffic to get donations?

I was thinking of painting a wall in said house with the names of my backers just an idea for a perk

It's about the benefits for the people giving you the money (bakers)....if you are in a good location (city, natur, country side) whereever it is. You can try to give your backers the "couchsurfing" experience in return. Example, backers give 10$ stay one night free on our couch, they give 50$ so they can stay for the week. For 100$ there will be always space for them whenever they come and so on.....

Then create some publicity, target young travelers, couch surfers, backpackers etc....i am sure you could create some buzz around this. If your location is good for a few days holidays or business trips. Sure, why not. Get some people writing about the idea and create buzz.....don't worry about your social followers or being emberassed.

You offer something in return, it's not that you only ask for money. The complete package has to be good and confincig. Actually, the more I write and think about it, the more it makes sense :-) Good luck.....