16 reasons why startups fail!

Building a solution while looking for a problem.
    Tackling problems that are interesting to solve rather than those that serve a market need was cited as the number one reason for the failure of a notable 42% of all startups according to CBInsights survey. This is because even though you offer good services but have no one to offer them to, what is the point? It is like having an efficient office as a doctor but no patients.

Can't it be that there are simply too many startups? If you have thought of something, there is a good chance that it was either implemented (and possibly failed already) or someone with more resources are working on it already

One the reasons I see again and again is building a product because your think is a good idea. The basis of a start up is to build something that solves a specific problem for a determined group of people. Before raising money and building a prototype for your start up, ask yourself the following questions:

What problem am I trying to solve?
    How many people have the same problem? Do some research to determine the size of your potential market.
    Is there someone else doing something similar?
    How much capital do I need to bring my idea to market?
    How much are people who have the same problem are willing to pay for your solution?
    Once you answer these questions and validate your basis of your idea, you will be able to see if your idea is in fact a good idea.