Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

What are the best ways to reach crowdfunding backers?

Hi all,

What are some of the methods that you have adopted to reach out to crowdfunding backers? Which methods were the most successful?

Thanks and regards,
    Man Anonymous

Hi!
    My tips are easy. But the key is to realize them properly. So they are:
    - Reach out to your personal network. Don't forget about your family. Before you start your campaign, reach out to your friends.
    - Make an engaging video. Tell a good story. Video gets watched and people know if they are going to support the project or not in the first minute or so. And there are more opportunities that people will believe you.
    - Make sure your rewards are easy to understand.
    - Create a Helpful Media Page. Use the social media sources and press releases. One trend we have seen is that press releases will drive some of the best traffic to your campaign.
    - Communicate 24/7.
    Stay inspired and active!

Dear pro_larsen,

Thanks for your suggestion. sorry I was unable to log in for the last couple of days as I had some issues with my computer.

Thanks and regards,
    Man Anonymous

#1. Have a solid plan.
    The "field of dreams" approach doesn't work for crowdfunding, according to Indiegogo co-founder Danae Ringelmann. "You can't launch a campaign, go on autopilot and expect money to come rolling in," she says
    #2. Solicit prelaunch support. It's a rookie mistake to wait until a crowdfunding campaign goes live before reaching out to prospective backers. "To reach the funding target, the first 30 percent of funds needs to be committed before the campaign goes live," Swart says.
    #3. Make it personal.
    "People fund people, not just ideas," Ringelmann says. Successful campaigns feature videos that introduce entrepreneurs and capture their passion, as well as offer cool perks that allow backers to engage with the product.
    #4. Respond to feedback.
    Engaged backers offer more than just cash--they are "a critical resource for the entrepreneur, not just for the funds they are donating to the project but for the ideas they are sharing," according to Dan Marom, co-author of The Crowdfunding Revolution.
    I hope this will help you!

Dear Timityt,

Thanks for your suggestions.

Man Anonymous

Hi there,

I think going to media is one of the most important things over here as the social media is super expensive these days (most of you probably target such markets as USA - AU or UK). I suggest writing you to all the possible media outlets you find in the news this day. Every attracted viewer would benefit to your campaign.
    Also if you see that the start wasn't as promising as it should be, just start pledging on your own - when people see success, they want to be part of it.

You need to find people that would be interested in the site.

Exposure is it. Social sites are good. Post on Facebook, twitter, google, then have friends repost. If you need developers, find developer groups in sites. Just going to have to do basic social marketing. You can always get out and talk to people that are hanging out.

Not exactly sure what you need the money for though. Hosting sites is cheap and it looks like you have a developer.

You need to make use of blogs, social medias and any good site developer to help with social marketing and advertisement.

Hey, from what I learned having some media chat about your project/product and having an email list are essential. With out them a project with flail around and most likely never fund no matter how good it is.

Todd

Good tips. Especially about media pages.