How to Run a Successful Fundraiser in 4 Simple Steps

Unified4People recently posted a great blog post with 4 simple tips to run a successful fundraiser, read it here https://www.unified4people.com/Blog/...eps_to_success.

How to run a fundraising campaign? from the begging:

You are not running a fundraising campaign, you are running a crowd-funding fundraising campaign. Crowd-funding is not the best way to archive fundraising, in fact, it is mostly about funding a crowd of followers and it is often not even considered as an option worth the effort by people working in fund rising.

Indie gogo (the platform you’ve chosen) is one of those where the idea and the rewards chosen make a huge difference. In your case, your rewards are close to none, so it would be expected you get 0 funding.

An initial amount is badly needed when you lunch a campaign. No matter how just your cause may look, what motivates people to contribute is a whole subject area concerning marketing, design, communication and social behavior. If nobody is supporting you campaign, nobody will (you must place an initial 5/10% and be ready for adding what’s missing after reaching 75%).

So what to do then?

You’ll need to shift your approach from the amateurish towards the pro. The current campaign fails at various instances, so instead of trying to “force” its success, use it as a source for learning.

Funding goes way beyond the net

People: You should not run the campaign alone. You will need to gather an experienced team of, at least, 3 people. One for I.T’s, one for finances, one as a head. Think of yourself as number 4. I know this approach is hard, but not harder than the goal you want to reach.
    Strategic Planning: You must develop a strategy, for it, you should first diagnose who do you expect to contribute, why, how, when, to what degree. You should also contact businesses, governmental agencies, media. Contacts should be ordered by importance. If you get to catch a big fish, that might be it. Again, it is harsh, but it is true still.
    Relevance: I though of leaving this aspect aside, but I could not. You must ask yourself the question: is doing this funding campaign the best and the most urgent thing I can do? Maybe there is a campaign already running for another cause, maybe there is one with a team already working. Joining them would mean making a better contribution and getting a badly needed amount of experience, that in turn, will shape your view for any future step.
    Finally

Please, don’t let constructive criticism discourage you, you’ve devoted time and energy in a cause for a reason, and that’s amazing.

Other crowd-funding sites like gofundme.com may work better for non profit campaigns, where the reward lies on reaching the goal.

Know lots of people

Good to know!

Good to know!

Good to know!

Nice informative stuff.

Biggest thing I would say is to keep your motivation up, its certainly not a sprint but a marathon! Good advice!