9 Ways to Grow Your Startup With Social Media

Social media can help you to market your small business.
    9 Ways to Grow Your Startup With Social Media
    I’m sure you are getting tired of hearing it.

Everyone is telling you to proliferate your brand, get out there on social media and grow an audience, develop relationships with your customers and potential customers… The list goes on.
    1. Choose the proper channels for your presence
    2. Be consistent and regular
    3. Start and stay in the conversation
    4. Engage your audience so they want to share your content
    5. Stay on top of social media changes
    6. Use the 80/20 rule
    7. Use amazing headlines
    8. Know when to post
    9. Have a crisis plan

Short answer: use anything (Twitter or Thumbr or Facebook or foursquare...) to make relationships. Money comes later.

Long answer:
    Before thinking of using social media (or anything from the web), you have to answer some of these questions:

1) What's your business?
    2) Your business works on the web? (rephrase)
    (This is crucial, and there's no problem if the answer is "no")
    3) What's "grow" to you?
    (You are looking for more money? More relevancy? More fame?
    4) Do you know your "web audience"?
    5) Make a digital strategy.

Then, see what you can use from social media to make relationships, and then how to make some money.

By the way, as for social media, Instagram is the best place to develop any business. Personally, I use Insta quite often as well as my friends. It's easy to use and the best place to catch more audience.

Here is a blog article that mentions how to utilize an email list for social media marketing: ARTICLE
    Kyle Tummonds - Customer Advocate
    Hidden Content
    Thrinacia Inc.
    The CrowdFunding Infrastructure. Build, customize and operate CrowdFunding Websites, Widgets and Applications. Integrate with advanced CrowdFunding REST API's.

1. Create strong social profiles and pages.
    The starting point for growing your audience on any social network is strong profiles and pages for your social accounts. This requires including branded cover photos and profile photos. It also requires filling out all of your details. On Twitter, that's as simple as a 160-character bio, website link and location. Facebook wants a short description, website link, address and phone number. In short, fill out as many fields for your social profiles and pages as you can.

Next, share a few updates (five to ten) before you start your quest to build an audience. This will give people who visit your social accounts a reason to follow you. If you don't know what to post, do the following:

2. Share quality content.
    Even before your startup gets going fully, start building your audience on most networks by sharing content your target audience will enjoy. For example, if you have a startup for a Facebook marketing tool, start sharing content about Facebook. That could mean blog content, podcasts, videos, presentations, infographics, etc., created by you or by others

Marketing through social media is widening its landscaping over the past decade. Social media marketing can bring success to your business. So we have to come up with a different plan, strategy, and a framework that can work within all channels and it can help your business to accelerate to a different level. This success can happen through the following ways;

• Promoting brand awareness
    • Contribute in generating website traffic
    • Push new product or service launch on next level
    • Improve customer services through feedback models

While promoting your business on social media you should be clear about three things:

• What to target
    • Where to target and
    • Whom to target

We have recently started our Indiegogo campaign and it's something we've been preparing for months. From what I've noticed social media is the most commonly used platform for advertising campaigns. No wonder, where else would you find so many people exchanging information. With the growing number of campaigns and everybody using social media it's turning into one big advertising SPAM fest. When posting on Reddit (even though I did it by the book) I was called a SPAM'er right away and had to argue to prove my point. Another example is this Facebook group - closed for the very same reason https://www.facebook.com/groups/224899674273135/

It seems that people don't know where to draw the line. When do you exactly change from being an active promoter to a notorious spammer?

I feel that in time this will get worse and people will become reluctant to support crowdfunding in general. What are your thoughts on this?
    Last edited by Martin_EV4; 11-08-2017 at 10:33 AM.