Launching in the holidays a good idea?

Hi, I have been wondering if launching a campaign for charity during the Christmas holidays is a good idea? To tap into the "generosity" feeling in the festive season. Has anyone got any experience in this field or seen it work ?

I think it really depends on what you're trying to raise funds for and how much. There's probably an uptick in giving around the holidays, but if you're not a known entity you're going to be fighting for those dollars with more established NPOs. If that's the case your voice might be heard better when the others are talking a little less.

I came here to ask this same question. I'm thinking of launching my campaign next month for The Naked Game (thread) but I'm torn. I can imagine two possibilities:
    1. People are looking online for gifts, so may be more likely to click over to our Kickstarter when we advertise it on target websites.
    2. People will hold off on pledging because they only have so much money to spend during the season and know the game won't ship until after Christmas. (Nevermind that they won't actually be charged right away.)

I've done tons of research and the little I have seen about timing had said any time of the year is fine, but I still have my doubts.
    The Naked Game is launching soon on Kickstarter. With the perfect blend of gameplay and foreplay, it's a fun and unique way to spice up your night!Hidden Content

I don't really have much experience on that but it really a good idea and but i know they are some platforms that will help you raise something for charity for this Christmas.