Please help me raise money for my friends breast surgery

Hi everyone. I stumbled across this forum looking for ways to help get more views for a gofundme we created for a friend. I'm truly praying that this will give us the boost we truly need.

I have a very good friend who lives in Colombia. A few weeks ago she started noticing pain in her chest. After dealing with the pain for a few days she went to a doctor to get an MRI. What they found was she has a muscular contracture (think of a pulled or cramped muscle that won't relax) and they also found a ceroma in her left breast. Thankfully the ceroma they found is not cancer. Unfortunately the ceroma is creating fluid which is causing her left breast to swell. The swelling is putting pressure on her contracture which is causing a lot of pain. Her chest pain is now referring to her shoulder which is causing her arm to bother her as she uses it. Her surgery is scheduled for February 6th. Unfortunately she lives paycheck to paycheck, has no health insurance, government assistance told her it would be months before they could help her, and she used all of her savings to help pay for her dads recent surgery. Thankfully being that she is in Colombia the surgery is a lot cheaper than it would be here in America. She has sold some of her personal items as well as borrowed money from friends and family. Right now she has only raised half of what she needs. Not only is she dealing with her physical pain she is also very scared and anxious about not having the money to pay for her surgery. I started a gofundme almost a week ago to help raise money but so far it has been a failure. It only has 14 shares on Facebook and has raised $135. I really need to find her $1500. I am running out of time and ideas and I can't stand knowing that she is suffering right now. I truly love this girl and I'm begging anyone and everyone to donate what you can and share this fundraiser to help get the word out. Please don't let her wait in pain.

Thank you for letting me share this on here. And thank you from the bottom of my heart to those who donate and/or share.

https://www.gofundme.com/93yem-help-...marias-surgery
    Last edited by xKHAOSx; 01-28-2018 at 11:01 AM. Reason: forgot to post link

I just wanted to post an update I just received today. Because this is not a life threatening surgery to remove the ceroma, the surgery must be paid in full before the procedure. If we do not raise the funds to help her she will have to postpone the procedure until she comes up with the money. We have already raised $135 on gofundme. I plan on adding $500 myself. The remaining balance is $1500, so I need to raise $865 in exactly one week. If 100 people were to only donate just $5 we could get very close to hitting our goal. Please share this as much as you can. I really need to find help for this wonderful person.

I personally feel sorry but I really hope that all your efforts succeed because this is a form of high sense of solidarity with your friends

Quote Originally Posted by mjgedangan View Post
    I personally feel sorry but I really hope that all your efforts succeed because this is a form of high sense of solidarity with your friends
    Thank you. She is truly a wonderful person. I really do love her. If I could I'd pay for her whole surgery but I too am living paycheck to paycheck. I have $500 in my savings account and I'm giving all to her. It's just hard to think that if we can't raise the money in time her operation will be postponed and she'll be living in pain until the goal is reached.

Unfortunately we did not come close to meeting our goal. Maria's surgery will be postponed until she is able to raise the money. I really had hoped that we could help her. I really don't understand crowd funding. Someone can raise $250,000 to make slippers for cats and others who genuinely need help fall short many times. To those out there seeking funds for help or projects I really hope crowd funding treats you better than it did me. As for me I've closed the gofundme campaign and will try to find other ways to help my friend find money to get her surgery.

Hello,

Kindly bear with me on my intrusion into your post.
    We deicided to start a fundrising and talking to people becuse We need help to save as many lives as we can .
    There is a health catastrophie in my country, and we need help. so I would like to invite you to see this link : https://www.leetchi.com/c/solidarida...lliams-llovera ...
    We want to survive to this holocaust somehow...
    You can help by donating in the link below
    No matter how little the donation is but, if you would share our couse to some people of good heart. It would help too