Page 2 of 34 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast
    For us, Kickstarter appealed because of the pressure it puts on you with its All-or-Nothing format.

You've really got to work at making your project something special for it to be a success.
    If you do succeed, there's a greater sense of achievement.
    It becomes a full time job running a campaign.

Thanks I have just launched my first project on Kickstarter. The Clever Remote Control. http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/...lever-remote-8 Yes they do have a manual review process before accepting projects.

We wanted to use Kickstarter, but we had many problem with the registration in UK, they ask for these requirements:
    —You are 18 years of age or older.*
    —You are a permanent UK resident either creating a project in your own name or on behalf of a legal entity with a Companies House Number.
    —You have a UK address, UK bank account, and government-issued ID (driver’s license or passport).
    —You have a major UK credit or debit card.
    And the project was never accepted, the main members of the crew are everyone from outside UK, and no one had a government-issued ID.

With Indiegogo not sure, but I think we had problems with the credit card processing fee that outside US it was quite high, or something like that.

So we went for Sponsume, for now it is seems fine, although we are still around 50% of the goal!

Kickstarter is not the only option, there is also indiegogo and rockethub to name a few. Kickstarter does not really seem to be that interested in keeping it's project creators as happy as other sites, just my 2 cents.

Ibraheem
    Thanks for the information, I came to know this forum yesterday, here I could collect more useful information and details what will help us to crowd funding.

Ibraheem
    what are the resources that mean platform are available to crowd fund for small project for community for all over the world?

I researched both pretty extensively, but in the end didn't really have a choice - I'm currently in the US, but I'm Australian, so Indiegogo it was.

That said, Kickstarter has just announced that it will open to Australians this year, so if I ever do another project I'll have a choice ahead of me!

A very informative thread. I've been doing my research about it as well; and think that overall Kickstarter is a better choice if you are a resident of US, UK or Canada.
    Otherwise, Indiegogo isn't much behind, and has the potential to even overtake Kickstarter.

We have found more success for our film, thus far, with Kickstarter. I had always been told by filmmakers using crowdfunding that Kickstarter was more legit. While I don't necessarily agree with that assessment, at all, I believe that Kickstarter seems to be more visible.
    Please check out the campaign for my film, Trip:
    Hidden Content

For updates, follow us on Facebook:
    Hidden Content

KickStarter has the branding and recognition for sure. I wish however that we had gone with Indiegogo. It was difficult to get our project approved and even harder to compete with the tangible projects in technology. The incentive allure is not there for us which is likely why we never took off.