Page 2 of 29 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast
    Thanks Matt..i am glad you are here. I really appreciate your effort. good luck.

Hi all. I have a campaign currently running. Thanks for this post and heads up about these businesses claiming to "boost" contributors. As crowdfunding campaigns are so varied and so focused, I think it would be near impossible to guarantee $ to anyone and they are playing a numbers game by spreading the automated blasts and getting "success" with only a few clients. FYI just got contacted by Tera Bonner of Crowdfund Buzz. Needless to say, going to pass on her offer to help.

Got a message from them as well but didn't see to be 100% trustworthy. I'm glad I didn't follow up with them. I'm sorry for your experience, but thanks for sharing.

Ad I have stated in another post we have helped over 1,500 crowdfunding projects in the last six months. In that time we have sent over 4.5 million people to Indiegogo projects http://www.indiegogo.com/individuals/3106064 We have sent even more people to Kickstarter projects.

If you have questions about how our service can help your project then my suggestion is to give us a call or email us. We will give you an honest assessment of your project and expected results.

Smile Forum HELPS avoid unnecessary expenditure - Thank you!

Quote Originally Posted by CrowdFundBuzz View Post
    My name is Matt Cooke. I am the founder of CrowdFund Buzz. I am here to answer any questions for you and address some of the claims that are being made.

Not every crowdfunding campaign is going to be successful. We do everything we can to give our clients the best possible chance to attract the type of press and media coverage that can help them hit their goal. We do this at a budget most crowdfunders can afford. We understand that most people are crowdfunding because they need funds. They cannot afford to invest $3,000 on PR and Social Media. We have developed strategies that help us get our clients very good exposure and traffic at a reasonable price.

We have had issues in the past with finding quality press release writers who can deliver a high quality press release for the budget we need to hit for our clients. In the last two weeks we have completely overhauled our writing staff. This overhaul caused us to be a couple of days behind schedule for a few of our clients. Ashtyn was one of these clients. I was his account manager and I should have done a better job of communicating the delay to him.

We now produce very high quality press releases within 2 business days. Every client reviews and approves the press release before it is published. They can also request edits or revisions. Turn around time on edits is less than 4 hours.

I am happy to go over specific of the campaigns that are mentioned in this thread. I am here to answer any questions anyone has about our service.
    Probably Crowd Fund Buzz is fairly new, like all the crowdfunding sites, so in time they may have a useful product at an affordable price. Here's the thing, I'm paying for Facebook ads at .14 and .39 cents per click. I'm paying less for a Youtube ad, but over a month I might pay out $500 for exposure that doesn't get me a dime for my Kickstarter campaign Backpacking Antarctica with a White Violin http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/...a-white-violin

These crowd funding sites, even Kickstarter, which works absolutely splendid for musicians with some fans, comics, games, apps, etc. is a VERY HARD RUB when it comes to books, unless they are centered around comics or games, etc. So, we should have studied this factor before we spent three months of our lives putting together the best campaign and rewards our minds could conger up. It's a learning curve. NOW, I am very capable of teaching others how to put together an entire Kickstarter campaign, especially if they have the right product and story and TIME. I will have spent another month working 16 hour days to promote the campaign, so that is four full months of time, full time. You won't find many backers from the Kickstarter site members. Not very many people sit around all day looking through campaigns to find one they like to invest in. YOU MUST go out and find your target market, whatever that is, LIKELY months before you launch (you will get kicked off Facebook for trying to get new friends in targeted pages! so that should be done over months of time before ever launching!) I've learned these things the hard way. Twitter isn't going to let you tweet out a bunch of links back to your campaign (they will suspend you). The point is, unless you have a fan base or build one up, unless you are a fantastic game, app or comic, it may be much more difficult than you ever imagined. If you have a huge clan, huge family with generous pockets, thousands of friends who are supportive, I think Kickstarter is a fabulous platform to throw up a cool short video (mine is way too long) that took you a couple hours, put up some numbers and ask those YOU KNOW for money. Everyone SAYS they are going to help you, and they do, but when it comes to real support, like money from their hand to yours, that is a very different story. You can only depend on yourself to promote your campaign to your target market with press releases, to your fans with hope, and everything else is gravy. As far as using sites like Crowd Fund Buzz or others, give them some time on the street and they probably will be worth every penny they charge. Meantime THEY might consider promotional codes and discounts for first time users, etc. to get their customers rolling. I would sure use them for $35, just hoping to get my link out there in cyberspace in one more location. Keep smilin' - this is a new art, the crowd funding art. Good luck to all Kickstarter and other crowd funding campaigns! Morningstar of www.antarcticaeyewitness.blogspot.com

Destroyer
    I'm not assuming that Crowdfund Buzz is acting in bad faith, but whenever there is a gold rush, there are people who think they can make more (or safer) money by selling mining tools rather than going out to mine themselves.

I advise people to stay away from companies that target project starters with services, unless they're well established at providing this service to others as well. A fulfillment service may be OK. A marketing service is probably not - don't you know what a toxic, sleazy place online marketing is?

Again, not saying Crowdfund Buzz is evil - but like most of you, they probably have rather optimistic idea of the value they provide their customers.

Thanks for sharing the information.I do hope you intend to post more of these types of information.

My advice is that if you look at your own personal referral numbers one week into your campaign. If you are below 500 referrals then you are going to need some type of outside help.

Do your research. Call any company on the phone you are considering using and ask them specific questions about your project. If you get non-specifc answers then keep moving.

Happy to see this post has generated a healthy and much needed discussion on the topic of crowd fund marketing services.

I do however feel I should point out that you (Matt Cooke - Founder of Crowdfund Buzz) personally, were the one who did not reply to any of my questions and even ignored my emails as outlined in the background story to this thread. This happened after I had paid for services from Crowdfund Buzz...

That being said, I think its in quite poor taste for you to try and salvage the Crowdfund Buzz reputation by advising people here to 'do their research' and to 'ask specific questions' as this was the bulk of my problem with my experience with your company.

To those following this thread (in reference to the post above) its also worth bringing peoples attention again to the fact that 'X' amount of referrals mean very little if the source of those referrals are not established as being relevant - once again refer to the original post.

jdvos_com I have personally emailed you you and apologized for the level of service you received from our company. Your experience was not typical for our company. We refunded your money and offered to promote any of your future projects at not charge. I have also asked you to email me if you had any questions or suggestions. I never heard from you. You have decided that instead that this should be a public discussion so I am here.

All of the referral sources for our traffic is tracked and listed. It is very easy to verify where are traffic originates. The traffic comes from a specific Tweet, Facebook post or the press release about the project.