Q&A with the Play-i Team

Hi everyone! This is June from the Play-i team. Feel free to use this thread to ask any questions you have about our robots!

Hey June, nice to see you here. I have a few questions....

#1, for the new stretch goal of $350k, what kind of accessories are you planning, anything in mind?

#2, what are your future plans once you get things under production? More robots I imagine?

#3, Did you take any other avenues looking for funding before deciding to use crowdfunding, and why did you end up going the indendnet route instead of Kickstarter?

Hi!

#1 - the accessories we are planning are displayed on this section of the site: https://www.play-i.com/#play

#2 - once we get things under production, we are going to be working on developing the application for the robot. Lots of testing with kids and making sure they are learning the programming concepts and having fun with the robot!

#3 - yes, we raised a seed round of $1 million before the crowdfunding campaign. We wanted to use our own site because we wanted to customize the look and feel of it (like the storefront)...

Thanks for the quick reply! Wow $1 million nice! Do you have a retail plan for this for offline sales? Toys'r'us or anything like that and what will the retail price be, the same or more than the crowdfunding price?

Hi! We are not sure if we are going to be in Toys r us or only staying online. The price after the crowdfunding campaign will go up - $199 for Bo and $69 for Yana

You guys are really selling these things, and without the help of any major platform. Congrats. What's the estimated delivery date for preorders, and do you think that the date will be almost certain, or could it get bumped back if you sell more than expected?

Hi - we plan on shipping in the Summer of 2014, which means before September. We do not plan on bumping back if we sell more than expected. We've set ourselves up to handle a lot of demand.

I don't have a question. I just wanted to say that you guys have created a really awesome product.