$54,930 AUD - BAABUK (shoes and slippers)- Kickstarter

Baabuk - 'Warmest Shoes Ever'

This week’s crowdfunding interview features Dan and Galina, creators of Baabuk - Quite possibly the warmest shoe in the world. In a very recent Kickstarter campaign the dynamic couple based out of Jakarta, Indonesia, was able to raise nearly $55,000 for the production of their second shoe collection. The idea for the shoe initially started when the couple moved to Indonesia for Dan’s job. Galina, who grew up in Russia, decided to try to make her own version of the popular Russian shoe – valenki. They began by ordering 2 pounds of wool online and watching Youtube videos to learn the proper techniques. Needless to say their first prototype took over 8 hours to create. After countless hours of trial and error, finding the right wool, and learning with the help of various individuals from around the world, they finally found a prototype they could be proud of.

After receiving important feedback and suggestions from their friends and family, Dan and Galina decided to pursue their shoe concept a bit further. To streamline the production process, Dan put together a mini-factory and hired some additional help. At times the two entrepreneurs felt as if they were completely over their head, but they journeyed on and continued to follow their dream.

Today Baabuk is a different story, Dan and Galina just finished a successful Kickstarter campaign where they were selected as a Staff Favorite for several weeks, they have a fully functioning workshop as well as employees, the support of a large international community and they are soon traveling to Munich and Milan to showcase their latest collection at some of the world’s largest fashion expositions. Baabuk is now a full time job for both Dan and Galina, and although they’re not paying themselves a salary, they’re still doing what they love and building their company one pair of valenki at a time. Dan and Galina share an inspirational story of persistence, determination and never giving up on your dreams.

Suggestions to Future Entrepreneurs & Campaigners

Realize your dreams and don’t be afraid to follow them.
    Learn by doing, sometimes you have to dive right into it.
    Work strong with media outlets and prepare a well developed communication plan focusing on your extended network.
    Have a message for your video. Their message: “We had a dream, now we have a hobby, we’re going for it and we need your help”
    Kickstarter provides much more than money, they connected with individuals who have provided invaluable distribution suggestions.

These look brilliant, I want to own a pair!

Awesome! Keep up the good work!

awesome

I like your "Suggestions to Future Entrepreneurs & Campaigners" section. I am currently about to lauch my Kickstarter campaing Oct. 6th and this gave me even more motivation! Awesome product by the way!

Those look great! Well done.

Pete
    Promote your crowdfunding project with a top social media influencer! Check out my Fiverr gigs: Hidden Content Many happy customers. 100% positive feedback. 5-star reviews.

I have personally contributed to over 250 Kickstarter and indiegogo campaigns.

Congrats on getting successfully funded. Am sure we have this kind of shoes here locally but the Baabuk design is surely superior. Do share the link to the kickstarter page so that we can check it out,

thanks,
    Uttoran Sen,
    Hey, am Uttoran Sen, the CEO and Co-founder of Hidden Content - a Crowd Speaking platform.
    We Promote every Crowd Funding Campaign on our Hidden Content . Hidden Content now and Get Funded!

I'm really happy for you.

Darren Levine
    I'll have to show this to my wife (guess where she's from)
    I'm the video guy Hidden Content

I help inventors/Kickstarters create pitch/product introduction videos: Hidden Content

Hi, I love the story of the shoe production above! If Dan and Galina may hear this, we would like them to share the current story with us and they could really find it very important to help struggling campaigners to get off the ground. Unlike in developed countries where many $$$ are needed to start a business, in Africa a small finacial goal of say $1000 can start a successful program. We all win if we see where crowd funding takes us. Please let's do this citizenship gospel to do good! I would personally like to hear from this cute couple. Many thanks, Richard.